There is a place for you at Local 178, whether you’re just getting started or have years of experience. Our apprenticeship program is designed for people who know they want to work in the trade and are ready to learn their craft. For those laborers who are new to the union life, but have years of practical, on-the-job experience, there is our journeymen program.
The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Pipefitting Industry of the United States and Canada Local Union 178 are accepting applications of the apprenticeship-training program at all times. Upon acceptance into the apprenticeship program, you will be required to complete five years of training with each year consisting of a minimum of 1,700 hours of on the job training and a minimum of 224 hours of classroom instruction.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and provide one copy of each of the following documents:
- Valid driver’s license or other proof of age
- High school diploma and transcript or GED certificate and test results
- Military transfer or discharge form DD-214 if applicable
- EEOC standards apply
Visit our office to learn more:
- Open 9:00 a.m. to12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union 178
2501 W. Grand